COVID-19 Policies, Protocols, and Restrictions
Esperanza is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all staff and guests and will adhere to mandated capacity limits and hygiene guidelines. The following restrictions and policies must be observed while present in the Arts Center and all other areas on the Esperanza campus.
PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE AT ESPERANZA AT LEAST 45 MINUTES BEFORE THE SHOW BEGINS TO ALLOW FOR OBSERVANCE OF ADDITIONAL SAFETY PROTOCOLS, CHECK-IN, AND SEATING ACCOMMODATIONS.
- Tickets will be available for general admission advanced purchase only. Esperanza Arts Center’s box office will assign seating for individuals and groups (as well as special needs patrons) in accordance with mandated capacity restrictions and social distancing guidelines. Ushers will lead guests to their assigned seats on the day of the performance.
- Each guest will be screened for symptoms, exposure, and travel history upon entry into the building
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the building and on the premises.
- All guests are expected to observe 6-foot social-distancing between individuals and self-quarantined groups (‘bubbles’), and to wash hands in accordance with CDC hygiene guidelines.
- The line for every event will cue down the main hallway. Each ticketholder must occupy marked spaces 6 feet apart from one another while waiting in line.
- Patrons on the cued line will be instructed to enter the lobby one by one (or one quarantined bubble at a time) to check-in at the box office table. Once the ticket-buyer is registered, an Usher will guide them to their assigned seats one at a time. When the previous ticket-buyer has been escorted into the hall, the next person in line will be instructed to check-in at the box office table.
- While the theater is at limited capacity, seats that cannot be used will be taped-off to ensure appropriate 6-foot perimeter distancing between individual and quarantined group attendees.
- Restrooms can only be occupied by one user (or a parent and child) at a time. Monitors at the entrance of each restroom will manage flow and enforce occupancy limits.
- There will be no intermission during presentations. The maximum duration for performances will be 60 minutes. If guests need to use the restroom while the show is in progress, Ushers will escort them out of and back into the theater.
- When the event concludes, attendees are to remain seated. Ushers will escort guests to the exit by row one party at a time.
- Only small, clear bags will be permitted in the theater to ensure a little contact as possible by security for bag check.
- No outside food and beverages are permitted anywhere in the Center and must be discarded when entering.
- All surfaces and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every event in the Arts Center.